Sunday, July 20, 2014

Blueberry Park

Well I've discovered that Tacoma has some pretty awesome public parks. Now that the weather is warm, I have sampled the delights of Point Defiance, Wright Park, and most recently, Blueberry Park, one of the most unique parks I've been to! It used to be a blueberry farm, and now it's open for everyone to come and pick berries, have a picnic, whatever. There are also apple and cherry trees. What a great resource! Rather than lamenting my lack of space for trees I can just go to the park and get what I need. And I don't have to fiddle around with a tiny blueberry bush in a pot of special, acidic soil.

I loved creeping in between these giant bushes. Most of the berries weren't ripe yet, but there were plenty for RC, Amber, and me to collect our fill. We've still got a good supply left, and I've made blueberry pancakes, blueberry corn muffins, and blueberry balsamic ice cream topping so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment