Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Back to Civilization

I have some news, and it's the reason I've been so silent here lately. We moved out of our place in Yelm, and into a new house in Tacoma! The reasons for leaving our old place were myriad, but I don't want to get into it because it's really been a very stressful and unhappy few months for RC and me. But that's all over now. On to better things!

We are still in the process of moving our stuff into the new house, so I will hold off on more photos for now. Suffice it to say, it's a small cute place in a residential area in Tacoma. But I bet you're wondering how I'm going to homestead in an urban environment. Don't worry, it's totally a thing. Our home comes complete with a garden all ready to be filled with plants, and a chicken coop and run! And there's a lot more to be done, as well, to become more self-sufficient, even as we enjoy the conveniences of electric baseboard heat and cell phone service.

We've had a few setbacks but we will continue to bloom. I hope you'll stick around as I get settled and ease my way back into blogging. The first steps will be to plan the garden! I received a book on permaculture for Christmas and I'm very excited to put some of their principles into action.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment