Monday, March 17, 2014

My Plant Sale Spoils

We went to Seattle Tilth's March Edible Plant Sale and brought home some babies!

Clockwise from top left, you can see mint, fennel, comfrey, and rosemary. In the brown paper bag is the shy and elusive rhubarb, which is grown from a chunk of root.

I bought all perennials. I do plan to grow annuals as well but I am going to start them from seeds I already have in order to save some money. There are also many more perennials I'd like to get, but this is what I could afford to get for now. It's easier, cheaper, and less stressful to build one's garden gradually, rather than trying to get the whole thing done perfectly in one try. Meanwhile, these babies are living in the mudroom at night and sunning themselves on the back steps during the day, hardening off while I dither about garden fencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment