Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Little Kitchen Inspiration

Even though we are just renting, I spend time dreaming about changes I would make to the house and garden. If we do end up buying this place, I would like to renovate the interior. I usually daydream about this while doing work around the place, because it motivates me to continue!

This is the kitchen, if you recall. It fulfills its function as a cooking space, but it could be so much better! I took a little time today to look up some images of traditional Japanese kitchens. . .

Maybe not that traditional.

Here are some more modern kitchens in traditional style homes. I like these. Dark wood, lots of open shelving, small and simple spaces.

I don't want to make an exact replica of a Japanese house. There are already a few shoji screens inside (between the blue room and the bathroom, and into the master bedroom upstairs) but that's the only nod to Japanese design indoors. I'd like the indoors to match the exterior, but I don't want it to look like Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment