Friday, June 14, 2013

Hello there!

 My name is Harriet, and together with my boyfriend RC and our pets, I am starting out on a brand new adventure in homesteading. We're a couple of creative weirdos who both dreamed of living off the grid and growing our own food, and we have recently found a promising new situation that can help us realize this!

Yes, after a year spent uber-micro-farming in South Seattle, we are heading out to live in a big strange-looking house on 24 acres outside of Yelm, WA. It's a wonderful property, full of character and natural beauty, but has been neglected for years and needs a lot of work. The potential is huge though, and RC and I have so many ideas for it! Intentional community, artists' retreat, music studio - what could this place end up as? That's far down the line though; right now it's more about weeding, outsmarting beavers, and getting over my intense fear of wood chippers.

We move in on July 1 but are already going down there as often as possible to clean, bringing a carload of stuff each time. Next time I am there, I will take pictures so I can give a tour!

Thanks for reading my very first post, and stick around, okay? I think this will be a very interesting adventure.

ETA: here is a picture of the house which is a few years old. It doesn't look quite this nice anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment